Paperplane was the very first project during my Freshmen year in Digipen Institue of Technology.
2D 3rd-person arcade/simulation flight game with 3D effect.
For this game ProjectFUN Editor was used, an IDE developed by DigiPen Institute of Technology to develop 2D games.
Objective of the game:
My objective for this project was to create a 3D effect in a 2D game. For this I created 4 main features to achieve my objective:
- Environment movement: It’s moving a fixed amount of pixel depending on the Paperplane inclination.
- Environment and enemies resizing: The scale is completely based on the Y pixel position of the object.
- Shot enemies: Have the capacity of shot the enemies.
- Destroy enemies: Be able to destroy enemies and get rewards from them.
Since this was an individual project I did all the develop part.
I did not had a lot of knowledge about perspective nor orthogonal projections from 3D to 2D, for that reasons the game doesn’t seems completely in 3D.
What I learned:
The imagination is the best tool to solve problems, even if is not the perfect solution.
- Developer: Ismael Serrano
- Artist: Joana Konarsky
- Artist: Xabier Urrutia
- Artist: Julen Urrutia